“ All parts of the body, if used in moderation and exercised in a way
that takes into consideration lifestyle, will be healthy, well developed
and age slowly; but if they are left unused, they will become liable
for disease and will get old, very quickly”
This quote is from 5 BC and is still the same thought process from many
a good training coach in this modern era of working out.
The scientists have proved this theory to be right over and
again and we are still relating up to 35 chronic diseases to
an unhealthy lifestyle and the way to combat this is through
The studies also state that up to 92% of the adult western
population do not meet the minimum regular requirements for
like escalators, cars, remote controls and deliveries from the
takeaway, lead us into doing less and getting fatter as a race.
But many of the inactive people, don’t understand the simplest
of formats to get fit and will reach for a quick fix or a pill.
Even when the answer to their problems is staring them
straight in the face….GET MOVING..!
For those of you who think differently, here is a list of proven
illnesses (not BRO science) that come about from a lack of activity.
- Proneness to visceral obesity, type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome
- Weaker immune system
- Less executive control of the central nervous system; memory decline
- Sarcopenia and loss of strength
- Reduced skin-wound healing
- Lower oxidative capacity
- Higher risk of Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, depression and anxiety
- Artery stiffness
- Higher risk of breast, endometrial and colon cancer
- Elevated risk of osteoporosis
- Loss of coordination and balance (higher risk of fracture/falls)
- Decreased function of joints, ligaments and tendons
- Elevated risk of stroke, coronary heart disease and peripheral artery disease
- Hypertension, elevated LDL (bad) cholesterol, low HDL (good) cholesterol
- Increased risk of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
As I always say, the ball is in your court, if you want to see your kids
grow up and keep up with them in the park or on the beach, you need
to stop being inactive and get to the gym…#truthhurts